Windows Server 2012 DOES NOT support Itanium processor and is 64bit only operating system.
There are 4 Editions of Windows Server 2012, which are:
- Hot add CPU – This allows you to dynamically add CPU on running computers
- Can install unlimited VMs
- Can install maximum of 64 processors.
- Contain same features as Datacentre but can only install maximum of 2VMs
- Essential has all the features in standard and datacentre beside server core, hyper-v and ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services
- You can install the OS either on one physical server or one virtual server and can’t be installed on both
- 25 is the maximum number of user CALs
- The foundation edition is used mainly for small company
- Limited to 15 user CALs
- This is a cut down version OS, which support file and print services and application support